Monday, April 9, 2007

Week 2

Today was the start of my second week here and first full week in the office. I had a good weekend finding my way around the town and working out where to buy supplies and good places to eat (and have a cold beer or two). It is already getting hot out here for the summer - around 108 degrees today!

I was able to achieve a lot today - interviewed a couple of candidates for positions in the group and found a potential good fit for an analyst. I am also working on a data project that should kick off this week and on some marketing. I'm getting to know the team well now and they introduced me to their lunchtime ritual - canteen food followed by Lassi (not the dog, a yoghurt drink that apparently helps deal with the heat!).

Now I am back in the Novotel ending my day and watching the cricket world cup. The R10 team have mostly lost interest in it as India were knocked out early but are still pretty obsessive.

No comments: