I had a perfect week back home in the UK. Em and I were able to catch up with both our families and also a lot of close friends. We celebrated Em's birthday in style with a number of parties. The time seemed to fly by as we raced around the island. Before I knew it, I was at Heathrow waiting to board my plane to Hyderabad. Definitely an exciting moment!
The flight itself was easy and non-eventful. I changed planes in Doha and it is probably one of the nicest airport experiences ever.
Arriving in Hyderabad early in the morning, I was treated to a fly over of the town. It looks like a version of Sim City - there is so much building and development going on. Much of the land is marked out into new parcels.
After clearing immigration which was a smooth ride, I was thrown into the usual chaotic scene outside the airport. After ascertaining that my ride to the hotel was not there, I managed to take a taxi to the hotel and avoid getting really fleeced (I think). The ride was amazing - I have never seen so much life and bustle in one place. There are people racing everywhere on scooters and rickshaws and its best to look out of the window rather than at the traffic ahead and around you. I was so energized by this place with its obvious growth and buzz.
I spent the day acclimatizing and discussing the rotation with Debra Baker. I also had a good sleep to shake off the jetlag. Tomorrow I start in earnest and I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment